- The dreaded UTI!! If you’ve ever had one, you know the sinking feeling you get the moment you realize one is coming on! I used to be plagued by UTI’s frequently until I learned several holistic tips and tricks to keep myself free and clear of them and more importantly free of antibiotic use! I’d like to help you do the same!
Main Causes of UTI’s
- Hormonal Changes
- Genetic predisposition
- Immune Compromised / diabetes
- Certain types of birth control increrase risk/diaphragm and spermicides
- Sexual intercourse
Let’s Talk Sex!
Sex can be a big contributor of UTI’s in women. During sex, bacteria can get pushed into the urethra and begin to multiply in the bladder. This is one of the main reasons to empty your bladder immediately after sex so you can flush out any invaders that should not be there. Another highly effective tool is to take d-Mannose immediately following sex which keeps the bacteria E-coli from adhering to the bladder wall, allowing you to flush it out. I use a product from Pure Encapsulations called Cranberry/d-Mannose…2 Capsules along with 8 oz. of water after sex. Many times I will take another 2 capsules the next morning for good measure…as a preventative measure!
REMEDIES Against UTI’s
- Drink Plenty of Fluids
- Urinate Often…Especially following sex
- Use d-Mannose to help prevent E-coli from sticking to bladder wall
- Uqora for those with chronic UTI’s/ Targeted System for Urinary Health`
- Take Probiotics….especially the Lactobacillus strains
- Vitamin C….my favorite to boost immunity is Lypospheric-C by LivOn Labs
- If using a Diaphragm and/or Spermicide, switch to a different birth control method.
UTI’s are no joke! Prevention is obviously the best medicine! However, if you feel like you have an UTI, consult your physician immediately!